The steps below will create a shortcut on the agent desktop to kill SIDD and Chrome instead of the manual restart in the SIDD icon. Make sure to do whatever saving is required before proceeding with the steps below.
1. Download the attached file at the bottom of the document (CloseChromeAndSIDD.ps1).
2. Place the file in C:\SIDD\Logs directory. It should look like the screenshot below:
3. Right-click on your desktop and click New then click Shortcut.
4. Copy the below command into the text box and hit Next: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass -file C:\SIDD\Logs\CloseChromeAndSIDD.ps1
5. Name the shortcut "CloseSIDD" and click Finish.
You need to create the shortcut only once.
Once the shortcut has been created, you just have to double-click it when SIDD is not working. It will close SIDD along with all of your Chrome instances. Please wait for the Chrome to reload and SIDD will launch after Chrome.