The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434352) is an error some Windows users have reported they have encountered when shutting down their computer, or when trying to launch an application. This error is related to the .NET installation. Possible reasons for this error: having a faulty .NET Framework installation, corrupted files or old drivers that are contradicting with Windows.
You can try to resolve this by doing one of the following:
- Download and run the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool here. Follow the installation instruction that is indicated in the page.
- Perform a scan on your disk by running SFC and CHKDSK through CMD with Administrative privilege.
- Type "cmd" in the Search box, you will see Command Prompt then Click Open or press Windows key + R simultaneously.
- In the Run window type "cmd" and press Enter.
- Type "sfc /scannow" and press Enter. Wait till the process is complete.
- Type "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows" and press Enter. Wait till the process is complete.
- Type "CHKDSK /f /r" and press Enter.
- If the above options did not do the trick, try reinstalling the .NET framework. The installer can be downloaded here.
Is there anything we could do to improve this article? Did the above steps not answer your question or resolve your SIDD issue? If so, please reach out to us via Live Chat, submit a ticket or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist as soon as possible!