When to perform:
This troubleshooting step should be performed if SIDD isn't working as expected and other troubleshooting steps have failed, and prior to restarting your machine. Some specific reasons to perform this:
- SIDD is not working and other basic troubleshooting steps have failed
- SIDD buttons are not showing
- SIDD is not showing
- SIDD is not launching
Before trying the steps below it's highly recommended you attempt the steps in this guide: Refreshing SIDD.
- Close all Chrome windows. You will be able to restore them once the steps are complete.
- Kill all SIDD processes:
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or press the Windows key on your keyboard & search for 'Task Manager' in the bottom left search field of your screen.
- Click on the "Details" tab. If you do not see the details tab, first click the "More Details" button at the bottom.
- Scroll down the list to processes starting with 'S' (or simply press the S key) and look for the SIDD processes.
- End the task processes respectively: SiddNodeCore.exe then SIDD.exe, and then SIDD.ExtensionMessageHost.exe. If you end the SiddNodeCore.exe task and it reappears before you can kill SIDD.exe, end it again.
Note: After doing the above steps, the processes should start to come back in the task manager (it make take a few seconds to) and shall reset SIDD. If not, You will need to close all your open Chrome and relaunch it. It may take a bit for the startup processes to complete. Once SIDD is launched and ready, you can restore all your previous chrome windows by following the Chrome restore guide
Is there anything we could do to improve this article? Did the above steps not answer your question or resolve your SIDD issue? If so, please reach out to us via Live Chat, submit a ticket or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist as soon as possible!